Senior Market & Regulatory Consultant for Power Transmission
Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Dubai, Doha and Singapore.
As the worldwide energy landscape is evolving, the markets and regulatory frameworks have to change accordingly. Elia Grid International supports its clients in navigating these challenges.
In the expansion of our business towards electricity regulation and market, EGI is seeking for an experienced professional in the field of regulation of utilities and electricity networks (e.g. new market structures and market design, unbundling, strategic planning, interconnections schemes, remuneration models and tariff designs…). Relevant experience in digitalization is an asset.
For more details, visit our practice description: Market and Regulation
As Senior Regulatory and Market Expert, you will interact with our clients, partners and relevant departments within the Elia Group. You will have a key role in the development of our portfolio of activities and clients towards electricity regulation and market with a constant focus on performance and growth opportunities.
• You lead projects or participate in project delivery as senior expert. Projects might be of the following types:
- Advise boards/C-level of EGI clients on market or regulatory evolutions, support design and implementation of new market designs (balancing, flexibility…), propose RES integration schemes or regulatory models for interconnections
- Establish and/or challenge regulatory roadmaps, unbundling, reorganization of sector, third party access, RES integration, digitalization…
- Define or support implement of remuneration regulations and tariffs methodologies applied to TSOs and DSOs
• You support the company’s business development teams in the regions, in identifying and pursuing projects opportunities in regulation and market topics: establish trusted relationship to clients and partners, understand clients’ agenda and needs and translate them into winning project’s proposals.
• You participate to the development of a strong regulatory and market practice at EGI, including development of new products and clients portfolio
• Drafting and presentation of papers on market and regulatory fields in conferences worldwide, on behalf of EGI
• Master’s degree and a minimum of ten years’ experience on regulation linked to market design and implementation, and on regulatory models, tariffs settings and associated costing
• Experience of regulatory schemes of interconnections is a significant advantage
• Knowledge in UK-US regulatory models and market design is a significant advantage
• Strong working experience in a TSO, a regulatory authority or a consultancy firm active in the electricity sector
• Proven record of high performance and substantial professional achievements in your past positions
• Capability to engage and establish credibility with senior stakeholders and clients, in several countries and across virtual channels
• Ability to relate to different counterparts and cultures
• Excellent communication/presentation/writing skills
• Excellent English skills required. Knowledge of Arabic, French, Dutch or German is an asset
• Sense of initiative and of business development, proactive, client-oriented, result driven, autonomous
• Mobility and flexibility, willing to travel abroad depending on project needs
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and development opportunity to exploit your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Dubai or Singapore (but other locations where EGI is present can be considered: Brussels, Berlin), frequent travelling to client sites in the region is a requirement (approx. 75%)
Please send your application in English incl. motivation letter and salary expectation.