Senior Expert for Consulting in Power Transmission & Distribution
Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Dubai, Doha and Singapore.
As a Senior Expert in your domain of expertise, you will ensure a result-oriented pragmatic response to the challenges faced in power transmission and distribution systems by implementing state-of-the-art solutions. You will provide an analysis of the existing practices of clients and make recommendations for improvements.
You will work hand-in-hand with Project Managers, Business Developers and Practice Leads to develop and deliver the best possible solutions, assist with business development activities and manage preparation of technical proposals.
You will be providing guidance on core technical domains and encourage information exchange with your colleagues in the Elia Group and with our clients.
Depending on the project or mission, your responsibilities as Senior Expert can cover all aspects from the design stage through to completion and handover to the client. You will work directly with clients on site and you will take ownership of the overall project and its deliverables.
You support the company in developing the brand name and positioning of EGI and building a trusted partner relationship with our existing and potential clients in the region.
Your ultimate goal will be to help the client solve challenges, improve business performance and create value in the dynamic evolution of the energy sector.
Your office base will be in Singapore with frequent travelling (approx. 75%) to client sites in the neighboring countries in South-East Asia
- More than 10 years of experience in Power Transmission & Distribution activities in one or several following relevant field:
- asset management: design of T&D Infrastructure, maintenance practice optimization, Asset optimization, Cost optimization, Reliability practices, Risk Based decision making techniques & tools;
- power systems: steady-state and dynamic modelling and analysis, real-time operations, forecasting, system balancing, management of operating reserves, outage planning and long term-term investment planning;
- market design: design options, operations and processes, legal and contractual aspects, IT market-related tools;
- regulatory frameworks: applying to T&D regulated companies, incentive regulations, unbundling, privatization and corporatization, merchant and regulated investments.
- Strong experience with project management approaches & tools in a consulting environment; certification in project management is a plus
- Proven record of high performance and substantial professional achievements in your past positions
- Strong experience with large-scale organizational change efforts;
- Professional organizational skills including attention to quality and multi-tasking skills
- Initiative-taker who is eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others
- Skills to effectively communicate complex ideas
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
- Experience working in the Asia or emerging markets.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken) and ability to establish credibility with senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge of one relevant language in the region is a plus.
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and development opportunity to exploit your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Singapore, frequent travelling to client sites in the region (approx. 75%)
Please send your application in English incl. motivation letter and salary expectation.