Business Controller for International Consulting business (600039)
Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Dubai and is planning to further expand in South-East Asia.
As Business Controller within EGI, you make sure that the controlling and reporting processes and tools allow EGI to reach its targets and growth in international markets. You support in translating the business objectives in financial plans and KPIs.
You are the person of contact for all Finance related topics within the company and you regularly align with the respective finance departments within the Elia Group. You will be based in Brussels and work in a Belgian-German team directly reporting to the Chief Corporate and Financial Officer. You will also closely collaborate with the CEO and the Directors of the different Business Areas.
You feel at ease to work both on strategic/organizational topics and to solve operational issues in a hands-on manner.
Next to this you will also have the opportunity to apply your expertise as Finance Consultant in projects for our international clients.
More specific, the function includes the following responsibilities:
- Act as a business partner to support EGI’s activities, provide economic, financial and organizational advice;
- Further develop and manage the controlling, forecasting and reporting processes;
- Identify potential efficiency gains and develop solutions to improve the management of the consulting business;
- Support the management team with analyses and decision proposals on strategic and commercial topics, e.g. feasibility & profitability analyses;
- Compile the budget and business plan by collecting and consolidating the various quantitative and qualitative inputs from the business in a financial model;
- Closely cooperate with project and sales managers on all commercial and financial topics (e.g. project controlling, monitoring staffing, following-up external orders);
- Manage the financial reporting process for all foreign entities and ensure their financial compliance with local regulations;
- Contribute to a good cooperation and flow of information between the international branches of EGI as well as towards the parent companies;
- Take over key user role for commercial software and instruct other users;
- Support the corporate risk management by analyzing and commenting the risk portfolio;
- Coordinate service contracts provided by Group companies or by external parties;
- Provide financial expertise in consulting projects that the company is providing to its international clients – e.g. on business cases, business planning, cost optimization
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance or similar
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a similar function preferably in a Big 4 company
- Comprehensive expertise in state-of-the-art methods and processes of controlling, accounting and project/risk management
- Good understanding of the consulting business
- High degree of initiative, assertiveness, self-organization as well as communication and team competences
- Fluent in English and in French or Dutch – German is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP applications
- Willing to travel for a few days per month (maximum one week) to the other locations of the company, or to clients if required project work requires
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Brussels (Sablon) and regular travels to the other locations