Junior Market & Regulatory Consultant for Power Transmission
Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Dubai, Doha and Singapore.
As the worldwide energy landscape is evolving, the markets and regulatory frameworks have to change accordingly. Elia Grid International supports its clients in navigating these challenges.
In the expansion of our business towards electricity regulation and market, EGI is seeking to reinforce its team in the field of regulation of utilities and electricity networks (e.g. new market structures and market design, unbundling, strategic planning, interconnections schemes, remuneration models and tariff designs…).
For more details, visit our practice description: Market and Regulation
As Junior Regulatory and Market Expert, you will interact with our clients, partners and relevant departments within the Elia Group. You will support our portfolio of activities and clients towards electricity regulation and market with a focus on project management and willingness to grow in regulatory and market domains.
• You participate as junior expert in worldwide projects on market and regulatory fields for institutional and/or private companies. You will be responsible for project management guaranteeing the proper delivery of top-quality reports and outputs, in due time.
• You support the company’s business development teams in developing proposals in regulation and market topics.
• Representation of EGI in conferences, events, etc. worldwide
• Drafting and presentation of papers on market and regulatory fields
• Master’s degree and three years’ relevant experience minimum on regulation, legal or economic topics or on project management.
• First relevant working experience in a consultancy firm or in the electricity sector
• Knowledge in UK-US regulatory models and market design is a significant advantage
• Ability to relate to different counterparts and cultures
• Excellent communication/presentation/writing skills
• Excellent English skills required. Knowledge of Arabic, French, Dutch or German is an asset
• Sense of initiative, proactive, client-oriented, result driven, autonomous
• Mobility and flexibility, willing to travel abroad depending on project needs
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and development opportunity to exploit your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Brussels or Berlin (but other locations where EGI is present can be considered), frequent travelling to client sites in the region is a requirement (approx. 75%)
Please send your application in English incl. motivation letter and salary expectation.