HV Substation Project Manager
Elia Grid International (EGI) is a company that advises and helps with the implementation, recommendations and/or deliverables of their clients. Elia Grid International provides services that are based on the innovative expertise and hands-on experience of our homebased TSO’s (Elia in Belgium and 50hertz in Germany). Through a strong partnership with our international clients, we make a difference in tangible deliverables and the way of delivering. The team of experts that have developed proven knowledge and experience, in Elia and 50Hertz as well as internationally, will offer consultancy and engineering services on the international energy market and develop power systems projects for third parties.
With your extensive experience in HV substation primary technology (AIS, GIS and/or Hybrid Systems) and a proven track record in project management, you will take responsibility for the preparation, planning and implementation of Elia Grid Internationals HV substation projects. Your responsibilities will include the quality, budget, schedule and reporting of your project and/or sub-project. In addition to your specialist experience, you must also be an efficient organizer, assertive, a capable communicator and a team player.
Your duties will include:
• Defining plant specific requirements for the HV substation, especially defining single line diagrams and HV substation layouts
• Determine basic requirements for transmission line, transformer and bus bar control and protection equipment and HV substation auxiliary power supply concepts
• Editing technical guidelines for HV primary substation equipment and their interface connection
• Approval and checking of HV equipment documentation
• Supervision and quality checks during the HV substation and its auxiliary system installation process
• Quality control by taking part in factory acceptance test and on-site operational tests for HV substation primary equipment
• Controlling the entire technical implementation process, from drafting tender documents to awarding contracts and accepting delivery from customers and contracting parties
• Actively collaborating with project managers, drawing up reports, budget forecasts and schedules, attending construction meetings, placing orders under framework agreements
• Ensuring that technical customer requirements are implemented and compliance with the relevant guidelines and regulations in accordance with all safety regulations
• Drawing up comparisons of technical and economic alternatives and doing preparatory work for cost-intensive investment decisions
• A diploma or master’s degree in electrical engineering
• Several years’ experience with primary and secondary equipment for HV substations (up to 400kV) as design engineer and project manager for a manufacturer, engineering/consulting company and/or distribution/transmission system operator
• Understanding of overall HV substation design, its primary, secondary and auxiliary equipment as well as HV grid system
• Knowledge in HV/MV transformer and cable design, control cables and optical fibre cables
• Experiences (basics) in electrical network calculation and HV substation control and protection systems as well as transmission line interconnections into HV substations
• Capable to determine the work scope for green field HV substations as well as substation extensions projects
• Experiences and capability to guide a team of engineers to execute complex HV substation and Transmission line projects in Germany and abroad
• Project management experiences for HV substations and international project implementation
• Experiences in managing of international development bank financed project would be an asset
• A sound grasp of spoken and written English and German (both mandatory), French and another language would be an asset
• Assertiveness, a good organizer and communicator who is also a solid team player
• Experience in project implementation
• A category B driving licence
• Extensive autonomy and flexibility, experience in the use of iTWO, SAP and MS Office.
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing Elia Grid International means opting for a future full of promise!
Please send your application in English incl. motivation letter and salary expectation.