South East Asia: Region Manager (M/F) (600034)
EGI (Elia Grid International) is a company that advises and helps with the implementation, recommendations and/or deliverables of their clients. The EGI services are based on the innovative expertise and hands-on experience of their homebased TSO’s (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany). Through a strong partnership with their international clients they make a difference in tangible deliverables and the way of delivering. The team of experts that have developed proven knowledge and experience, in Elia and 50Hertz as well as internationally, will offer consultancy and engineering services on the international energy market and develop power systems projects for third parties.
Together with the CEO and other members of the management, you commit to the execution of the regional business objectives and priorities of EGI in accomplishing its targets for the region, taking into account the requirements and the strategy of the Elia Group and the approved business plan of the company. More specifically, the Region Manager South-East Asia is responsible for the following key activities:
• Establish the hub for the region to develop business with regional target clients in the power infrastructure sector, create the legal entity and office for the hub.
• Develop the regional office and the local team: grow the local team and their personal development, manage resource allocation. Drive organic growth through the development of new services together with the expert teams or pool of staff and the expansion of existing business relationships
• Accountable for regional P&L: Organize, encourage, direct and supervise activities in the region in order to realize the regional P&L;
• Develop the brand and positioning of EGI in the market in an accrued competitive environment at international level
• Client focus: Continuously identify potential customers, define client’s needs and propose solutions in order to become a trusted partner in the region;
• Follow-up of the projects and daily business: Supervises Project content delivery, on budget and quality and ensure Project controlling.
• Collaboration for solutions: Closely work with the other EGI offices to develop and provide suitable solutions to the client needs The Region Manager South-East Asia is directly reporting to the CEO of EGI.
• Master degree with technical background and/or MBA
• 7 to 10 years professional experience in a consulting environment, consulting project management, building of consulting teams or client exposure at the C-level
• Experience in utilities: power systems, market design, regulatory frameworks, asset management
• Track record in Business Development
• Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken) and ability to establish credibility with senior stakeholders.
• Knowledge of one relevant language in the region is a plus.
• Experience working in South East Asia.
• Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment
• Initiative-taker who is eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and collaborative working environment tools (SharePoint, etc.)
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, professional and international environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Based in Kuala Lumpur