Expert Power System Operations & Security (M/F) (600032)
EGI (Elia Grid International) is a company that advises and helps with the implementation, recommendations and/or deliverables of their clients. The EGI services are based on the innovative expertise and hands-on experience of their homebased TSO’s (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany). Through a strong partnership with their international clients they make a difference in tangible deliverables and the way of delivering. The team of experts that have developed proven knowledge and experience, in Elia and 50Hertz as well as internationally, will offer consultancy and engineering services on the international energy market and develop power systems projects for third parties
EGI wishes to ensure and further develop its expertise and competences in the field of security of the high voltage transmission grid. Therefore, EGI is looking for experienced professionals with expertise in the field of grid development, grid operation, power system security, and power system dynamics.
This expertise will be applied to the analysis of the power system security through steady-state and dynamic studies in short, medium and long term, taking into account future grid developments and expansions.
In this context, the Experts lead and participate to the following activities:
- Representing EGI in various international projects in order to improve the grid operation with emphasis on security of supply
- Analysis and definition of the operational principles, calculation methods and assessment criteria
- The selection and development of models, including grid, generation and load
- The development and implementation of tools and procedures to support the analysis and evaluation of the security of supply
- The realization of studies for which either a specific or high level of technical power system expertise is required
- The follow-up and development of these activities at the international level and in particular in the framework of ENTSO-e (European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity)
- The realization of these activities in the context of consulting activities for various international clients in the power sector
- Take-over or support the project management depending on the assignment
- Take a leading role as expert in the business development, e.g. in discussions with the client or in preparation of the technical part of proposals
- The development, maintaining and sharing of expertise in the various related areas within the Elia Group
- Providing training/capacity building in these fields of expertise to the operational departments
The Network Security Expert will be member of the team “Power System Operations & Security”, under the supervision of the responsible ‘Solutions & Services’.
- Master degree in Engineering, preferably in electrical or electromechanical engineering. A PhD in a related field is an asset.
- First experience with activities related to the development and the operation of electricity networks and power plants.
- Experience with HVDC projects is a plus.
- Profound knowledge in power system computations (in both static and dynamic conditions), modeling and state estimation is an asset.
- Experience with performing long term network development studies is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of specific computing tools.
- Good knowledge of English and one of the different languages of the Elia group (Dutch, French or German)
- Creative and entrepreneurial, innovative and proactive, client-oriented and result driven
- Very good team-spirit and well organized, stress resistant and able to work with deadlines
- Analytical and abstract reasoning
- Mobility and flexibility, willing to travel abroad for international assignments depending on the business development or project needs
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Brussels, with frequent travels to Dubai