Digital Transformation Senior Consultant
Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of expert consultants and experienced delivery managers who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and from international assignments with third parties.
In the expansion of its capabilities in the field of digital transformation in the electrical sector, Elia Grid International is looking for an experienced professional specialized in digitalizing utilities and electricity transmission networks (analytics, connected platforms, IoT, digital worker, AI, etc.) with a focus on the electricity market mechanisms’ evolutions. The Digital expert will interact with all entities of Elia Group’s organization, Elia Grid International customers and Elia Group partners.
As a digital transformation Senior Consultant, you help companies to define and implement their digital transformation strategy with a constant focus on performance and growth opportunities. You see how the digitalization trend is an enabler for organizations to achieve their objectives and are experienced in sharing and supporting that change. Secondly, you have expertise in electricity market mechanisms and are able to capitalize on the potential of digitalization in that domain concretely.
Focus areas: lead and/or participate to project delivery
Projects might be of the following types:
• advise board of directors/C-level in understanding the strategic trends and shaping the response to technology-enabled change, e.g. position in the value chain, new business and operating models, day-to-day operations
• establish and/or challenge digital transformation strategies and related roadmaps
• monitor implementation of the strategic digital initiatives portfolio
• develop innovative or proven use cases for a client organization, focusing on use cases related to:
the evolution of the electricity market and regulatory framework
digital metering and market management systems from regulatory, electricity markets and operation point of view
data management process transformations
• Support Business Development teams in developing opportunities:
understand customers’ agenda
translate it into issues and possible scenarios
determine best approach
• Monitor digital trends, opportunities, use cases and technologies (technological awareness), especially those related to electricity market evolutions and regulatory frameworks
• Support in developing Elia Grid International’s digital capabilities and offering (product policy, client trusted relationship, business development)
• Participate to business planning
• Development of papers and Elia Group’s internal initiatives towards thought-leadership in the digital domain for the Elia Group.
• A minimum of ten years of experience in the electrical sector in a similar position and proven record of high performance and substantial professional achievements in your past positions
• Understanding of the power sector’s evolutions including transmission, distribution, retail and generation, with a deep understanding of digital transformation of electricity markets
• Familiar with digital concepts including architecture, data management and agile product development
• Understanding of new technologies relevant to/impacting the utilities industry and the electrical sector, especially focusing on the evolution of market mechanisms and/or asset management
• Project management experience with complex business and digital transformation projects, using industry best practices and methodologies
• Effective leadership, coaching and stakeholder management, including software vendor
• Strong experience with large-scale organizational transformation efforts
• Knowledge of complex principles of financial analysis, business methodology and managerial thought
• Work in autonomy as part of an international team and fast-learner, structured approach, but innovative mind-set. Creative, proactive, client-oriented, result driven
• Mobility and flexibility, willing to travel abroad depending on project needs
• Capability to engage and establish credibility with senior stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to different populations and cultures – need to communicate and share with internal resources, partners, mother companies and customers – both on Business related and IT related topics, in several countries and across virtual channels
• Professional English required. Knowledge of Arabic, French, Dutch and German is an asset
In Brussels or Berlin with rotation 50% to 75% on client sites in the target EU, SEA or MENA regions
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, professional and international environment, unique training and every opportunity to develop your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing Elia Grid International means opting for a future full of promise!
Please send your application in English incl. motivation letter and salary expectation.