Chief Commercial Officer (CCO)
Elia Grid International (EGI) offers consultancy and engineering services to a diverse and international client base in the power sector. Based on innovative and proven expertise, combined with hands-on experience from our European Transmission Systems Operators (Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany), Elia Grid International is the trusted partner in delivering solutions for the challenges of the energy transition. Our clients can rely on a team of experts who have developed valuable competences within the Elia Group and also from international assignments for third parties.
Elia Grid International has offices in Brussels, Berlin, Dubai, Doha and Singapore.
The CCO drives the business development, sales and marketing activities of the company, with a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. He/She reports directly to the CEO and works in close collaboration with the CFO and writing the executive team. He/She has direct hierarchical responsibility over the Sales, Marketing and Business Development (SMBD) team.
This position includes these different duties:
1/ SMBD Strategy design and implementation:
• Responsible for the overall coordination of strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities
• Implement Sales & Marketing strategies across the company and monitor effectiveness
• Provide market feedback to the company regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas
• Plan and coordinate the penetration of new markets
• Work closely with the executive team on objective setting (revenue targets), budgeting, planning and monitoring (KPIs)
• Present sales results to the board on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Keep a close eye on the sales activities of competitors and utilizing ideas where appropriate
2/ SMBD operations:
• Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company`s ambitious growth
• Speak at conferences and events about the company’s products and services.
• Work closely with the regional accounts team and Practice leads in order to secure large accounts
• Implement a variety of new business initiatives to drive sales
• Negotiate agreements for contracts with customers and partners and ensure their implementation
3/ SMBD team and talent development:
• Oversee performance management of the SMBD team
• Ensure the organization has an effective SMBD training program
• Implement an effective sales pipeline and lead tracking process
• Ensure the CRM is being used effectively and provides a competitive advantage
• Implement best practice in sales/marketing techniques throughout the organization
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a similar position
• Deep knowledge of TSO environment at international scale is mandatory
• Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
• Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business at top management levels / institutions
• Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
• Natural leader with an ability to inspire performance with sales teams
• Strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach to business development
• Proven track record of achieving sales growth and delivery of results to business plans
• Level of mobility required: High with frequent rotations in targeted markets
• Languages: Fluent in English. Knowledge of French, Dutch or German is an asset
More than offering you a mere job, we give you an exciting, ultra-professional and international environment, unique training and development opportunity to exploit your career potential to the full, plus an attractive salary and fringe benefits. So choosing EGI means opting for a future full of promise!
Brussels, High level of mobility is required in Europe, the Middle-East and South-East Asia (above 50%)
Please send your application in English incl. motivation letter and salary expectation.